Notting Hill offers some of the best London real estate and has seen a huge shift in its culture over the last 60 years. Since the area was introduced to the residential market, it has transformed from what was labelled a ‘massive slum’ into the place to be seen, eating in its top class restaurants and enjoying drinks in many of its distinctive bars.
Additionally, it is now recognised for its large Victorian terraced townhouses and high-end shopping. Market days on the Portobello Road can assure you a vibrant atmosphere, made famous by the film Notting Hill, with this atmosphere spilling into the surrounding neighbourhood keeping this area busy, exciting and different.
The 5 Best Things About Notting Hill
- Portobello Market- Antique dealers, vintage fashion and retro memorabilia.
- Notting Hill Carnival- held each August bank holiday since 1966. Every year, the streets of Notting Hill are filled with Europe’s largest street festival.
- Restaurants- many restaurants around Portobello Road, including a 2-rosette Michelin rated restaurant, The Ledbury.
- Kensington Park Gardens- 257 acres of historical parkland in the heart of the capital, adjacent to Hyde Park.
- The Landsdowne- top gastro-pub in Primrose Hill.
Notting Hill offers a great area to live, especially for families. With private communal gardens adjacent to houses west of Ladbroke Grove, there is a safe and warm atmosphere within the community.
Furthermore, a variety of private schools are available in the area including Notting Hill Preparatory School, Ashbourne Independent School and David Game College, available from the primary years, to Sixth forms.
Since the 1980s, Notting Hill has since become one of the most desirable places to live in the capital. A contributing factor to this is the access to three out of eight of the Royal Parks, Kensington Gardens, Holland Park and Hyde Park. Effectively acting as a second garden to the neighbourhoods surrounding them, many residents make use of the parks for both fitness and leisure.
To find out more about Notting Hill send Property Finders London a message and we’ll arrange a free consultancy to see how we can help.